Want to check hiking Machu Picchu
off your bucket list?
Join Sheep Dog Impact Assistance July 24 – August 5 and travel to Peru with Legend Treks to serve the people of Cusco, Pisac, Puno and Lake Titicaca with much needed eye clinics. Halfway through the trip, you will have your opportunity to hike Machu Picchu and be guided on a tour of this archeological site’s history and significance. (Visit our Facebook page to see images from our 2017 exploratory trip.)
The total cost of this trip is estimated at $2,000-2,500. Expenses include the following. (Note: There are no sponsorships available for this trip.)
- Flights are $950-1,250 round trip; it is recommended to fly through Houston (IAH) to Lima to Cusco; flights also go through Bogota, Columbia, to Cusco. The earlier you book your flights, the more money you will save.
- Land Cost package is $950 and includes transportation to/from the airport in Cusco, baggage fees, Machu Picchu tour, all breakfasts, and most lunches 7/25-8/4. Dinners, souvenirs and other expenses on your own.
Other important information
- A valid Passport is required; passport MUST HAVE at least 6 months before expiration date for you to be allowed to travel
- No VISA needed
- No special immunizations required
- Flight insurance & trip health insurance is inexpensive and suggested; visit LegendTreks.com FAQ for more information
- Packing list – 3 sets of layered clothing (laundry is available); temps 30F at night, 60F daytime
- Spanish fluency is not required, but is definitely a plus
If you are interested in participating in this Outdoor Adventure, please contact Scott West (SWest@SheepDogIA.org or 417-239-9545) or Michael Nimmo (MNimmo@SheepDogIA.org or 479-841-6589) to secure your spot. Commitments to participate and the $500 Land Cost deposit must be made by March 15 (NO EXCEPTIONS). The balance of the Land Cost is due June 25.