Last Friday, April 22, we held our 4th Annual Charity Ball at the John Q. Hammons Convention Center in Rogers. With over 350 people in attendance, and special musical guests Backroad Anthem, we were blown away by the generosity shown by everyone.
Our goal for the evening was to recognize the best of our nation’s Military & First Responders, and our supporters, as well as to raise money to sponsor a few of the 35 combat wounded veterans and first responders injured in the line of duty for our Outdoor Adventure to Yosemite National Park next month. We are astonished and proud to share that net proceeds of over $25,000 will help sponsor ALL 35 of these men and women for this once-in-a-lifetime trip. While this trip will be fun and exciting, participating in outdoor adventures is vital to the healing of our sponsored individuals; these adventures present them with new challenges to test their rehabilitation skills, restore independence and self confidence, and help them reengage so they can live their lives to the fullest. A huge THANK YOU to all that attended and supported the Charity Ball for making the Yosemite Outdoor Adventure a reality for these men and women.
And don’t forget – if you attended the Ball and had your photo taken by Striegler Photography, you can purchase and/or download your photos at www.strieglerphoto.com/proofings (password: SDIA). Thank you, Striegler Photography, for capturing memories again at this year’s Ball!
Awards were presented to the following individuals and companies for their commitment to giving back to our communities, nation and SDIA. Congratulations to all these winners!
2015 Award Winners:
- Volunteer of the Year – Hanna Ricker
- Chapter Commander of the Year – Josh Smartt, Western NC Chapter
- EMT Sheep Dog of the Year – Lacey Williams
- Law Enforcement Sheep Dog of the Year – Cpl. Les Munn
- Fire & Rescue Sheep Dog of the Year – Asst. Chief Kyle Curry
- Military Sheep Dog of the Year – SSgt. Jose Luis Sanchez
- Sponsor of the Year – Zantac
- Community Partner of the Year – Staples
- Cpl. Nick Perales Commitment Award – Skydive Skyranch
- Cpl. Sebastian Gallegos Outstanding Service Award – ProTrucks
- Founders Award – CrossFit NWA
- Special Recognition awards were also given to: Rose Corscadden; FLEOA; and Homes for Heroes
For an event like this, there were many people working behind the scenes, as well as support from community and corporate partners. Your support was critical to the success of the Charity Ball – THANK YOU! Our sponsors, Silent Auction donors and volunteers included:
- Host Sponsor – Zantac
- Presenting Sponsors – New Creature and Walmart
- Honors Sponsors – Harris Corporation, Propper, and Staples
- Media Sponsors – 3W Magazine, Avid Productions, Celebrate Magazine, Citiscapes Magazine, and the Jon & Deek Show
- General Sponsors and Silent Auction Donors –Aurora Tactical, Bailey & Oliver, Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Birdeye Printing Signs & Graphics, Blakeman’s Fine Jewelry, Broadway Contracting, Cabela’s, Clorox, Coca-Cola, Coleman, CrossFit NWA, Daisy, Downtown Properties Real Estate Group, Evan Thomas Foundation, Hilburn Builders, Inc., HPerry’s Jewelers, Indian Heritage Motorcycles of NWA, Iron Hand Liquor, Kansas City Royals, L & L Metal Fabrication, La-Z-Boy, Northwest Arkansas Florist, NWA Naturals, Occasions, One Source Innovation, Outdoor Cap, ProTrucks, Rawlings, Sam’s Club, Shooters, Silver Dollar City, Simmons Foods, Simmons First Bank, SLV Productions, TH Rogers Lumber Company, Three Dog Bakery, Walton Arts Center, Whataburger, White Lynx Creative, YTFS
- Photographers – Striegler Photography, Gary Ames
- Music – SLV Productions, Backroad Anthem
- Media Support – KHOG/KHBS, KNWA, NWA Democrat Gazette
- Emcee – Jon Williams
- Volunteers – SDIA Staff, Members, Volunteers and Friends, and Walmart Recruiting
Again, thank you to all of you who had a part in making this year’s Charity Ball our most successful to date. We literally could not complete our missions without you!
Photos from the Charity Ball will be posted to our Facebook page in the next week, so be sure to check back often!