Join us on a powerful Outdoor Adventure touring our Nation’s Capital and enduring the Marine Corps Marathon (MCM)!
SDIA will sponsor TWENTY (20) Sheep Dogs injured in combat or the line of duty to participate in this unparalleled and exhilarating Outdoor Adventure. In addition to the scheduled tours, there are two Marine Corps Marathon race options:
- Full Marathon (26.2 miles) – registration $160; and
- 10K (6 miles) – registration $55
No matter which race you choose, pushing through the miles will forge a bond with fellow runners, creating incredible memories that will last a lifetime!
Trip details to date are as follows.
Questions and registration inquiries should be directed to Amanda Bullard at (417) 540-8808 or ABullard@SheepDogIA.org. NOTE: Those interested in participating must contact SDIA to register for the MCM; SDIA will facilitate all registrations. Those who register on their own will not be able to run with the SDIA teams. Registration fees are the responsibility of the individual.
SDIA’s Outdoor Adventure to Washington, DC & the Marine Corps Marathon
TRAVEL DATES – October 19-23, 2017
PRICE (estimate only) – $1,000; price estimate includes the following.
- Estimated airfare; three airports serve the DC area – Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), Washington, DC; Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), Baltimore, MD; and Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), Dulles, VA
- 4 night’s lodging (hotel TBD; room type options – single, double, triple or quad occupancy)
- 8 meals
- Guide service on tours
- Tour entrance fees (taxes & tips, too)
- Motorcoach transportation (limited availability); Uber, Lyft, taxis and public transportation are also available
SCHEDULED TOURS – National Museum of the Marine Corps, Arlington National Cemetery, George Washington’s Mount Vernon, National Mall, Pentagon
Race course maps and more information on the races are available on the Marine Corps Marathon website.