- Individuals must have served honorably in the Military or as a first responder (Law Enforcement, Fire & Rescue and/or EMS professions).
- Pay a membership fee of $85 ($75.00 for FLEOA Members), giving them LIFETIME membership in SDIA.
- Be allowed to vote on business issues presented at official meetings or via mail/email.
- Appreciate that SDIA is their organization. Members will only get out of SDIA what they are willing to put into it.
- Be involved in National Office and Chapter/Team activities and events as much as possible.
- Follow National Office recommendations and/or requirements pertaining to safety and disaster training as needed.
- Participate in formal National/Chapter/Team meetings and/or motivational/team-building events as often as time and proximity allows.
- Participate in disaster response missions, mission support, assisting Sheep Dogs in need, fundraising, all of the “above” or a mix there of, as time permits. Again, this organization belongs to our Members and Volunteers, and it cannot function without everyone contributing to some extent.
- Have the opportunity to continue giving back to your community, country, and self.
- Become part of something bigger than yourself, a brotherhood of Sheep Dogs! Men and women with the belief that helping others is truly a way of life, and a state of mind.
- Receive SDIA Members Only benefits:
- Initial membership gear package; contents changes from time to time, but may include SDIA-branded apparel, SDIA velcro patch, SDIA window decal, SDIA/FLEOA Commemorative Coin (FLEOA Members Only).
- 20% off gear & apparel on the www.SDIATactical.com site, featuring items from 5.11 Tactical, SOG, ESS, Propper, Mechanix Wear, Drago, & more.
- Automatic membership and access to GovX.com.
- Special guest speakers and events.
- Special Training sessions – CPR, Basic and Advanced first aid, Chainsaw safety, SAR, Scuba, Marksmanship, Rappelling, and more.
- Access to Outdoor Adventures, including private hunting trips, adventure races, private shooting ranges, sporting events, camping trips, boating, and more.
- Newsletters with special discounts and opportunities.
- Access to Annual SDIA Conference meetings in places like Washington, DC, and Las Vegas.
We fully appreciate the fact that everyone is ultimately a volunteer, with full-time jobs, families, etc. We only ask that Members and Volunteers do their best to attend meetings and support SDIA missions when and where possible. This is your organization and we encourage you to make the most of it. As the old saying goes, “you only get out of something, what you are willing to put into it.” This organization cannot successfully function without everyone contributing to some extent.