SDIA’s 12th annual #TurkeyTrotForHeroes 5K is TWO DAYS AWAY! Register today to #GetOffTheCouch and honor those who willingly put their life on the line for us every day – sign up at https://tinyurl.com/yxu9ta92 today!
Our Turkey Trot for Heroes has something for everyone!
- Turkey Trot is a standard 5K
- Wild Gobbler is a 5K with five scalable CrossFit exercise stations throughout the route, each one honoring a Fallen Hero (see who they are below)
- 1-mile Fun Run/Walk is for families or those who want to participate without running a 5K
- Virtual Run – if you’re traveling or live outside NWA (or are not a runner!), you can still participate and support our mission by registering for this option!
No matter where you are, you can get your Turkey Trot on!
2019 FALLEN HEROES
Each year we honor five Fallen Heroes on our Wild Gobbler 5K route. At each station, there are scalable/modifiable CrossFit exercises that represent the Hero by the number of exercise repetitions. Thank you to Jerry Kelly at Crossfit Fireground Strength & Conditioning and Lisa Nunley for putting together these stations!
WILD GOBBLER STATIONS
- Station #1 – Lundgaard EOW 5/15/19 – 5 jumping squats, 15 jumping jacks, 19 burpees
- Station #2 – Stephen 25 years of service – 12 kettlebell swings (men 55lbs/women 35lbs, with other weights available), 13 mountain climbers
- Station #3 – Cross age 43 – 20 sit ups, 23 air squats
- Station #4 – Edmond 21 years of service – 21 push-ups
- Station #5 – Meddock 75th Ranger Regiment – 3 Rounds Each: 10 ground to overhead with plate (men 15lbs/women 10lbs), 15 walking lunges
EARLY PACKET PICK UP
For those who registered before 5:00PM Nov. 25th for the Turkey Trot for Heroes or Wild Gobbler, you may pick up your race packet:
DATE: Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 26th and 27th
TIME: 4:00-7:00 PM
LOCATION: Center for Nonprofits at St. Mary’s Lobby Conference Room (1200 West Walnut Street, Rogers)
Any registrations made after 5:00PM Nov. 25th will pick up their race packet at 8:00AM on race day.