Membership as an “Active Member” is for Sheep Dogs – those who serve or have honorably served in our nation’s military and/or first responder (law enforcement, fire & rescue, or EMS/paramedic) professions.
Active Member Requirements
- Individuals must have served honorably in the Military or as a first responder (Law Enforcement, Fire & Rescue and/or EMS professions).
- Pay a one-time membership fee of $85 ($75 for FLEOA and Kansas FOP* Members), giving them LIFETIME membership in SDIA.
- Be allowed to vote on business issues presented at official meetings or via mail/email.
- Appreciate that SDIA is their organization. Members will only get out of SDIA what they are willing to put into it.
- Be involved in National Office and Chapter/Team activities and events as much as possible.
- Follow National Office recommendations and/or requirements pertaining to safety and disaster training as needed.
- Participate in formal National/Chapter/Team meetings and/or motivational/team-building events as often as time and proximity allows.
- Participate in mission support, disaster response missions, assisting Sheep Dogs in need, fundraising, all of the these or a mix there of, as time permits. This organization belongs to our Members and Volunteers, and it cannot function without everyone contributing to some extent.
Active Member Benefits
- Have the opportunity to continue giving back to your community, country, and self.
- Become part of something bigger than yourself, a cadre of Sheep Dogs…men and women with the belief that helping others is truly a way of life, and a state of mind.
- Receive SDIA Members Only benefits:
- New Member gear package – contents change from time to time, but will include SDIA-branded merchandise, such as apparel, a hat, patch, and window decal;
- 20% off gear & apparel at the Sheep Dog Shop, featuring more SDIA and other items; and
- Special guest speakers and events.
- Special Training sessions – CPR, Basic and Advanced first aid, Chainsaw safety, SAR, Scuba, Marksmanship, Rappelling, and more.
- Access to Outdoor Adventures, including hunting trips, obstacle course races, shooting, sporting events, camping trips, boating, and more.
- Newsletters and emails.
We fully appreciate the fact that everyone is ultimately a volunteer, with full-time jobs, families, and other responsibilities. We only ask that Members and Volunteers do their best to attend meetings and support SDIA missions when and where possible. This is your organization and we encourage you to make the most of it. As the old saying goes, “you only get out of something what you are willing to put into it.” This organization cannot successfully function without everyone contributing to some extent.
*We are working towards a nationwide FOP partnership, and will update this page as progress is made.