SDIA’s Hurricane Laura 1.0 Disaster Response Team (DRT) worked hard last week assisting people in the DeRidder, Louisiana, area. The Team of 53 volunteers from Arkansas (Central and NWA), Florida, Kansas, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas:
- assisted 1,608 people (including 168 Veteran and First Responder families);
- cleared 66 properties of 265 downed trees;
- mucked-out and performed mold remediation in 6 homes;
- covered 111 structures with tarps; and
- distributed 8,046 lbs of food, water and supplies.
Despite the work done, there is much more to do. SDIA will be deploying a second DRT to Louisiana Sept. 14-18, 2020. The DRT will conduct chainsaw operations, tree & debris removal, tarping structures, mucking-out homes, distributing food/water, and other recovery tasks.
If you are available to deploy and are not high-risk for COVID-19, please CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. After registering, you will be added to the list of DR volunteers and will receive deployment information as it becomes available.
Requirements for Deployment
- Health/Medical insurance
- Ability to transport yourself to the staging location if not traveling with other volunteers
- Ability to pay for your personal expenses getting to/from the staging location
- Required Gear (provided to registered volunteers)
Primary Contact: Kevin Lemmon – TEXT at 903-244-3236
Secondary Contact: Cody Adams (CAdams@SheepDogIA.org; 479-287-1758)
Can’t deploy but want to help? **EVERYONE** can be part of our DR Team by making a 100% tax-deductible* donation! We are in need of financial donations, as well as gift cards for fuel, and to Walmart and Lowe’s to replenish supplies.
Thank you for your support of Sheep Dog Impact Assistance, our nation’s Sheep Dogs and communities affected by natural disasters.
* The CARES Act that Congress passed in response to the COVID-19 crisis has provisions that increase the tax-deductibility of donations to charities. During 2020, individuals can deduct 100% of their donations to 501(c)3 organizations like SDIA.
***Please share this message with friends and family that may be interested in supporting SDIA’s efforts.***